Friday, August 9, 2019

Oregon Crater Lake and trip home

Time to do a surprise visit for my oldest son's -40th- BD!!!  The "big" one!!  Downside of the hill awaits!!!  GBG  His new wife set it up and we thought a trip for a free meal was in order!!!  

Wife Donna had to go anyway to help daughter with new dog and do some sitting so we got a toofer!!!   I always wanted to take time for a southern central Oregon loop and now's the time!!!

Crater lake was one of the reasons.  Been many a year since I was there... @50.......  

Crater Lake Loop   Should be a google map that you can explore.



Nice country!  Lots'a trees!!!   


OK... be honest... ol' farts hafta stop often...  GBG


That was the bluest water I've seen in a loooong time!!!!!


Bet it was cold too!!!


If ya view this full size... you'll see white areas along the water line...  yeah, in August!!!  Snow!!!  Saw patches along the road also...


This and the next sign pic tells a bit about the area....



This is the closest I could easily get to Diamond Lake, IIRC some of our friends in the great north wet tried to talk up some camping trips a few years back... my idea of camping is a nice motel by the lake!!!  GBG

Well, all good things must end... time to take the long trip home!!

Trip home from Klamath Falls 




I hafta say, the trip on 70 always has at least 5 work areas!!!  Here I am at one of them waiting for the shuttle car...   

Got to see all the burn area in the Paradise area, from the PG&E fire...   Yes, Paradise is lost in KalEfornYa!!!!  I'll bet they rebuild!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment