Saturday, June 3, 2017

Short Run to Portland, Or

I'll take what I can get!!!  GBG

 

Click on a pic for a much larger pic, text for a pic is under it, pics are top to bottom......
 

Going to visit a buddy that I haven't seen for a couple years, passing thru Klamath Falls and will visit with #1 son for a day and GET SOME MILES IN!!!  ALRIGHT!!!!


Trip up the back country     

The trip up to Klamath will take me up 70 thru the Feather River Canyon and it should be running rite fine now!!!  Lookin' forward to some seat and country time!!!!  And yes it was!!!  Love seeing the white water rolling over the boulders!!!! Wanted to take some pics, but it seemed I was past it before I could stop!!! I found a quiet way up to Gladstone... thru the mountains..



Mountain trip up to Gladstone

I'll run all the way out 84 where it  meets 97 and take it back down to Klamath....then, I think I found a shortcut home!!!  GBG 

"My" shortcut!!! GBG    

As I was coming back on 84, 97 and 395, the weather "had it's way with me"... sigh...  Wind, rain and the temps were  passable...  Gotta tell Ya, while I was coming by Susanville, Ca on 395, the wind got bad... er...   I swear, I thought it was gonna rip my helmet off!!!  It was lifting up like it wanted to fly!!!!  

The day I took 88 over Carson Pass was to have a high of 48...  Maybe my next trip will be in July!!!  GBG




My first trip with Gina!  Kasey F gave me an Airhawk he wasn't using and I was hoping it would work out...  It was a success!!  My first day thru the back roads was 500 miles and 11.5 hours travel.   Now Ya can't sit that long without 'yer back side talkin' to Ya just a tad, but all was well, no tail pressure or hot spots!!!  I DID put my beads over it tho....  like a little air flo....



Well, I headed up the Feather River Canyon, route 70, and "enjoyed" 5 construction halts, er... photo ops!!!  GBG  I like to look for the positive, got to take the time to look around!!!


At another stop, a shot of the river by  route 70 at one of its, by far, quietest moments!!!!


Other direction...


... tunnel vision... 


There was a nice rest stop by Beldon, Ca where, gee what else?  The Beldon Power Plant was!!!   They had a nice picnic area and I insist in having a Subway  sandwich in my saddlebag just for these occasions!!!!


I was looking around for the perfect spot for lunch...



... the river was across the road.....



... up into Oregon, the mountains are still white!!!


One of the stops along my "shortcut" was at my youngest #3 place in Sparks, Nv and had to let his boys play on my scoot!!!!    There was a "tad" of resistance to the pic taking.... sigh..


Topping off before I leave Nevada good gas!!!!   Mountains are still white!!!


Red Lake almost at the summit, IIRC, it's around 8500'...  yeah, I was above the snow line!!!


.. more snow....


Caples Lake just past the summit rest stop, it was just thawing!!!!  JUNE!!!  Geez....

3 comments: